|Project Title:||Capacity Development Facility to support the implementation of sector programmes under the ENPI AAPs for Belarus 2009|
|Country:||The Republic of Belarus|
- To enhance the capacity of selected Belarusian institutions to implement the European Union Technical Assistance Programmes, and to further develop strategies in these sectors in line with the EU-Belarus technical cooperation.
- To build the capacity of specific Belarusian ministries and agencies responsible for the implementation of sector programmes under the ENPI Annual Action Programmes, as well as to enable to build national reform and development programmes upon them for efficient EU-Belarus technical cooperation and planning new EU programming instruments (ENI 2014-2020);
- To promote coordination and implementation of EU external assistance in Belarus based on the Paris Declaration principles and supporting the identification and coordination of further EU assistance to Belarus within the ENP;
- To support the capacity of the National Coordinating Unit to act as the office of the National Coordinator, thereby increasing effectiveness of coordination and implementation of EC external assistance by Belarusian authorities in line with the Paris Declaration principles and supporting the identification and coordination of further EU assistance to Belarus in the framework of the ENP;
- To provide specific assistance at various stages of the EU-funded project cycle management to selected ministries and NCU;
- To contribute to the creation of the comprehensive Atlas of technical assistance projects and programmes implemented in Belarus.
- Sector programmes of the Annual Action Programmes are being successfully implemented by the responsible Belarusian institutions that have received support;
- The selected Belarusian institutions have developed the capacity to design sector specific reforms and national development programmes based on the Annual Action Programmes and, stemming from engagements made through the technical cooperation between the European Union and Belarus, these are in line with the Paris Declaration principles;
- The selected Belarusian institutions have developed the capacity to work with new EU programming instruments, received methodological support, including guidelines on PRAG, PCM, LFM procedures and other relevant operational documents;
- Strengthened National Coordination Unit / mechanism to effectively coordinate the implementation of the programmes under ENPI and to deal with identification and programming issues;
- EU assistance is better integrated into the national planning process through provision of TA in the management of the project cycle;
- Belarusian stakeholders involved in technical cooperation have received support in designing a new tool of programming and forecasting of technical assistance in form of comprehensive Atlas of technical assistance project and programmes implemented in Belarus.
- Capacity-building of specific Belarusian ministries and agencies responsible for the implementation of EU technical assistance programmes
- Increasing effectiveness of coordination and implementation of EU external assistance by Belarusian authorities in line with the Paris Declaration
- Contributing to the improvement of planning and forecasting of technical assistance needs in Belarus.
Project Starting Date: 31.10.2013
Project Duration: 24 months, until 31.10.2015
Project Partner: Ministry of Economy
Beneficiaries: Ministry of Economy, NCU, Ministry of Finance, Line Ministries and Agencies, Regional Authorities
Project Budget: € 1.5 million